Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Puke is gross

Owen and I are sick.
As an adult, I have the ability to recognize that my stomach isn't needing/desiring food. Owen, on the other hand, eats what his momma gives him because he his a good little man.

He generously gives back that food when he has a stomach ache by projectile vomiting all over the mommy he loves.

This is by far the worst part of motherhood. I am a pansy when it comes to vomit. It takes all that I have to NOT start gagging & vomiting whenever my kiddo is sick. It's also freakish how much puke can come out of such a small person.

That's how we started the morning. Since then, Owen has managed to keep down two pieces of bread, and a small container of blackberries. The clothes have been cleaned, and we've both bathed.

The carpet, however, is disgusting. It didn't help that I had already given him his daily vitamins & medications. Both of which, are extremely staining & odorific. This is the final straw. I'm ripping it all out immediately & putting in hard wood floors.

No comments: