Monday, November 11, 2013

De-tox & Cleanse Pt2

Today is day one of the parasite cleanse and the last day of the herbal detox. The herbal detox went well with only a couple cheats (mainly due to poor planning). I am pleased that I started the herbal detox prior to my family starting the parasite cleanse. This allowed me nearly 2 weeks to refine recipes, as well as to prepare my kiddos for the strict diet changes. I am surprised how well they adjusted to the meals I planned, and the idea that they wouldn't be having dessert for quite a while.
I didn't have to make crazy changes to most of our dinners. Breakfasts and lunches are a bit more of a challenge, but I think I've got some good ideas to get us through it.

Day One Parasite Cleanse Menu
Breakfast: Almond-Apple pancakes with almond butter and raspberry puree
Lunch: salad with carrots & bell peppers, boiled eggs, quinoa noodles, and anything else I can find in the bare cupboard (shopping day is coming)
Dinner: butternut squash soup and chicken apple sausages, green salad

Other meals coming up:
Black bean and corn stew
Roasted chicken
Tortilla chicken stew
Roasted sausages and vegetables
Cheeseless chicken enchiladas
Pumpkin polenta, chorizo & black beans
Almond & Raspberry sandwiches
Chicken lettuce wraps
Beef & butternut squash stew
Sweet potato & sausage hash
Pumpkin cranberry baked oatmeal
Zucchini chocolate bread
Cinnamon spice oatmeal pancakes

No comments: