Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's Going On Right Now.

Matt:
We're pretty sure his ear drum ruptured of few weeks ago. He finally made it to the doctor today. The ear drum looks fine, but there was a huge ball of dark (probably blood-stained) wax in his ear. The doctor removed it, and Matt said the mid-range tones suddenly came back. That must be the range I speak in...

Owen:
Can you believe this kid will be 4 years old in just 12 days? I remember bringing this baby home from the hospital. I remember the day he first smiled. Oh my. Yep, those are tears burning in my eyes. He's debating daily between cookies or cake for the big par-tay. Momma fixed the boy's beloved play tent today, and he's been "camping" all day. He desperately wants Eden to camp too, but she's not too keen on going in--must have her Momma's issues of small spaces. He's doing SO GREAT with preschool. He's flying through the curriculum we're using, and he loves to do "school" with his daddy. Matt really gets the way Owen thinks, and I love seeing Owen's little light bulb come on constantly when he figures stuff out on his own.

Eden:
Definitely likes to dress up, and be "pretty." Today she found a red-bowed head band, and wore it around all day. She picked out a lovely blouse to wear as well, but just like her momma--promptly went outside to play in the mud. Despite it being barely in the 60's today, both kids ran around outside near-naked. No sooner had Matt brought Eden in and took off her wet muddy clothes, when she ran back outside with just a diaper. Those mean molars are fighting their way through, and I'm trying to stay patient through her whining and crying. Really, I sympathize--fevers, obvious pain, restlessness--I'm trying to focus and be joyful that she actually wants her momma so much right now.

Me:
Let's see, working PT at Tenfold (yep, still loving it), still managing the music studio (trying to promote the summer programs), volunteering on the church women's ministry committee working on marketing and promoting events, freelancing here and there, planning a community event for Nurtured Mother, just finished a series of childbirth education classes, fundraising for the CFF, and above it all: being a mom to the two most-awesome kiddos in the world. Maybe it's because I'm nearing the big 2-9, or maybe it's because I quit working full time--I'm not sure, but I'm really becoming more and more aware and "okay" with myself. I find myself thinking "why am I doing this/why do I do this?" I'm realizing I've spent a lot of time doing things for the perception of others. I worried a lot about what others may or may not be thinking about me. My priorities are shifting and becoming so amazingly clear. I don't want to go too deep into this tonight, but that's what's going on right now.

Other thoughts:
LOVE backcountry.com--just got an awesome deal on a Prana laptop bag.

Opinions on some of the new shows: "Castle"--love the stories, but some of the acting is a bit over-done. It's getting better, and I'm enjoying getting into it. "In the Motherhood"--loved the webisodes, HATE the show. I can't even get through 5 minutes without rolling my eyes or wanting to shake these women. "The Unusuals"--just caught the first episode last night. Yep, it was unusual. Pretty sure my watching it will be unusual. "Better Off Ted"--makes me laugh out LOUD.

2 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

love you.

I remember when a certain little girl was born. I was so happy to have a girl! I got to stay in the hospital for several days and enjoy the peace and quiet with my new little one. She will soon be 29 years young.

Gena said...

...that must be the range I speak in.....
Funniest line ever. Hope you guys are doing well! I like the paragraph format update on each person. Hope Matt's ear is improving.