Thursday, June 18, 2009

Download

When I talk out the things going on in my head it helps me get organized. Blogging has also helped. It's definitely time for a download, and I'm not seeking your sympathy on all that's going on in my life. I just need to get it out, randomness and all.

I feel like I'm working more now than when I was employed full-time. I know I am home more, but I feel like my brain is in overload right now.

I manage over 15 schedules for more than 9 people, and I just added an entire church. I do this to myself. Why?

I find myself ever frustrated and torn between my mac and pc. I miss pencil and paper.

My desk is covered in large-size sticky note to do lists.

Tenfold: need to figure out marketing process for customer database, re-write newsletter, and work on networking event calendar. Check status of hot projects.

Nurtured Mother: Need to refine copy in business plan and office policies. Must get a flyer out about childbirth education classes. Pay state annual report fee. Order checks.

School of Music: Schedule meeting for Matt & Josh. Finish summer invoicing, remind Matt to write student summaries, begin planning for Fall. Open new ckg acct--order cks--pay for ad.

Blue Sky: complete calendar for June for next meeting. Contact parks & rec to reserve pavilion. Make salsa and beans for Saturday. Lots going on in my mind about church. Or, should I say churches?

Home: dish, laundry...never. ending. Vaccuum (kid brought in leaves from bushes). Toilets need scrubbing. Spend quality time reviewing budget. Get to bank tomorrow/make deposit! Need groceries. Order checks. Need to file "inbox" on desk. It's overflowing.

Need to schedule family pics.

The "We're Okay" video from Jars of Clay is odd in a Tim Burton kind of way.

Need to convince mom & dad to use moving service--it's going to be cheaper/less stressful. (Are you reading this, momma? [Yes, Gena, it is "momma" not "mama." And yes, I just totally responded to a blog via a blog.])

How is it the dresser become so cluttered, so quickly?

Kids: Owen needs to catch up on school work. Eden needs one-on-one book reading time. Find a wading pool for summer--it's getting hot earlier in the day now.

Me: I really want to read a book. Any book would be fine at this point. Just need time to read. Mind is aching for fresh thought. Need to buy new makeup. Need new ideas for lunch--healthier choices. So tired of pb&j. Need more substance than a salad. Wish I had time to sew.

Looking forward to Matt opening his Father's Day card & gift. The kiddos did a great job decorating the box, and writing their names in the card.

I must find new work pants for Matt.

2 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

BTW - Love you.
You can remove the moving service idea from you list. Not happening..unless health goes in the toilet. To much risk involved and don't want to deal with. Do it ourselves with friends/family/ex-students helping, getting rid of stuff and shipping boxes to storage. Should be one of the better moving experiences.

Gena said...

I can't believe I'm just now checking this post. It's been a long week, I guess. Erick will be thrilled to know that it's momma and not mama. I guess I was wrong. Hope you got everything on your list done. I'm needing to make one of those myself today.