Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Word-full Wednesday

In the blogosphere, many mommy blogs do "Wordless Wednesday." I'm going to buck the trend, because what a day we had.
--(Side note: This made me think of A Good Day by Henke. Go get it. Read it. Your kids will love it.)

I woke up early in an effort to actually start school on time (which, I haven't yet been successful at this week--close, but not technically on time). For me, waking up early apparently only means more opportunity for crap to happen.
We didn't have eggs. We didn't have milk. We did not have fruit. Toast is not a substantial breakfast.
I decided to delay school for a quick trip to the market. It's shopping day anyway. I was hopeful that we'd be home & fed with enough time to start 30 minutes late. Still enough time to get it all done.
Yeah, right.
By the time we were done eating it was 9:40 (school starts at 8:30). I told the kids we'd have to hurry through school, b/c we still had a bunch of schoolwork to do. Owen, my son, the genius, suggests: "Mom, how about we run errands & then do school so we don't have to go fast?" Sounds like a good idea to me.
We book it to the USPS--NO LINES--a miracle, folks. My mood brightens. Next up: the bank--again no lines, and a chipper teller who gets it done fast. Yeah!
Our next stop is to Target. Monday I bought a shirt for Owen only to discover that it has a small tear. I knew it was the only one at the Target in our town, so we went to the next town over--which, was close to the grocery store we needed to go to. Hurrah.
Sadly, they did not have the shirt. They did have this though:
I would like to inform the world that this game is NOT called Farkle. I have been playing it since I was about 3 years old. It's called Greedy. Anyone who grew up in Alaska, going to Bible camp KNOWS this game as Greedy.
The Target dude told me that the other Target, that is 2.98 miles away--so says Google maps, has four of these shirts. So, I head that way, but first I have to stop at the grocery store.
Love this grocery store. I get what I need, but I notice that my list is a bit off. Several items are missing. Hmmmmm...something went terribly wrong apparently with my online planner. (Which means yet another grocery store trip this week...*sigh*)
As I head to the next Target, I call the store in hopes of someone finding the shirt & saving me some time. I dial & get the auto attendant. I push 0. It rings...the auto attendant. I repeat this over & over. I finally hit the button for electronics department button, get a live person who finds another live person who goes to find the shirt. However, by this time--I am in the Target parking lot. The gal says she has found my shirt & brings it to me at the front. NOT THE SAME SHIRT. *face palm* Thanks anyway, Target.
I ring Gramma. She'll bring her fray check & we'll do some creative stitching. (Owen really loves the shirt.) Gramma is awesome.
Home. Lunch. Start school. At 1 p.m. *sigh* We get a bunch done, but the kids are zonked. Nap time is a must--for everyone. We sleep until 4:30. Wonderful. More school--we get the basics done by 6:15 pm. The kids are outside playing (thankful it's still daylight outside), and now I'm getting ready to get dinner done. Then, a game of Farkle Greedy, and we're off to bed.
Best news of the day--Matt finally found a mixer (and a good deal) for the bakery. Yeah! Now his arms won't fall off from literally mixing and kneading everything by hand.
What a day.

No comments: