Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's Not All About Me

Yesterday my midwife put me on bed rest.
I can get up to:
  • use the bathroom
  • shower
  • eat

I woke up on Wednesday extremely fatigued--not a little extra tired--we're talking muscles-not-responding-to-commands and falling-asleep-in-the-middle-of-conversations pure exhaustion. When I went into the midwife's office they found my blood pressure higher than normal. They did some bloodwork, and put me on the fetal monitor for about 1/2 an hour.

All tests came back good, but they don't want to take any chances considering my history. So, to bed I went.

I'm really bad at bed rest, but as a good friend pointed out--this isn't about me. We're trying to keep the little one safe.

I can't believe I've done this for two days. A BIG thank-you to all of you wonderful people who have offered to watch Owen, bring food, or just come and sit with me to keep me from going stir-crazy.

Surprisingly, I've had about 4 hours worth of naps today, and I'm still tired. I'm hoping that this means the baby will be here soon. Mom & Dad are due to arrive on Saturday--seems like a perfect day to go into labor.

Tamara

1 comment:

karen said...

Let me tell ya how glad I am that you are obeying your midwife on this one:

I'm real real glad you're listenin' to yer midwife on this one. I'm sorry you're so exhausted; I hope the extra rest helps before it bores you to tears.