Monday, January 26, 2009

Please Forgive Me

I need to gripe and complain. I don't like using my blog for this purpose, and I don't like complaining in general. I heard it best put "Complaining is to Satan, what praise is to God." I just feel compelled to release some frustration.
  • I'm tired. I'm very very tired. I miss sleeping whenever I want, and for however long I want.
  • I can never catch up on housework no matter how hard I try. Which, only makes me feel guilty that I spend so much time cleaning instead of enjoying time with the kids.
  • I miss my husband, and I miss days off--Matt works every day of the week. He's gone no less than 5 hours each day, and sometimes up to 15 hours or more. It breaks my heart to tell Owen over and over "Daddy's at work," and see his disappointment come over his face.
  • I'm sick of being emotional, tired of going from amazingly happy to overwhelmingly sad.
  • I'm tired of spending so much time trying to manage our finances, and seeing only minimal results.
  • I'm so done with winter, snow and cold. I ache for warmer weather.
Okay, I can't do anymore. With each one of these, my typical "see the silver lining," completely optimistic personality chimes in with the cup half full blessings of life. So, now I'm frustrated at myself for being so darn happy despite our struggles. I mean, after all, I'm not dead yet (though, there are days....).

1 comment:

Grandma Lola said...

You are 'allowed' to be tired. A mother, 2 toddlers, winter, children have been sick, always busy, etc. (I don't know everything you are involved in/with.) Add to the list hubby is busy/gone alot, too. (Your support and anchor.) Housework will always be there, but your kids are only this age NOW! Money is a part of the tiredness because money concerns are a factor in life...unless you win the lottery. (Probably then, too...making sure you manage it properly.)
Silverlining that covers all of it?
God loves you.
BTW...so do I.