Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Tenfold Collective

I have exciting, fabulous, joyous news!

The awesome creative team at The Tenfold Collective just hired me. I begin work in mid-February. I'll be doing a variety of different tasks like traffic coordinator, scheduling/calendar managment, press releases, a bit of marketing and event management, and assisting in about every way possible (so, a title is still in the works).

Let me tell you more:
  • The schedule is flexible and short. I'll be working 2-3 hours 4 days a week, sometimes more, sometimes less--based on their needs and my availability. Seriously. The leaders all have kids my age and share my values and beliefs of family first. They're all well aware of our situation (finances, family concerns, etc.) and support what Matt & I are trying to do (including support for my doula work, afterall they did design nurtured-mother.com).
  • This is an up and coming design and branding firm with unique talents--I'm able to be on the ground floor and really feel like what I do contributes to the success of the company. This is something I can do while my children are young without feeling like I'm taking away from their needs or well being, and I'll be able to grow with this company.
  • We've been praying about this for months. I started talking with Tenfold in October, and I was praying before that. All along I felt like God had his hand in it, but there was definitely a timing--I just needed to wait. Typically, I'm not a patient person--especially when there is something I really want. This time, I was able to relax and wait--definitely not my specialities. Finally, everything fell into place and it couldn't have come at the best time--when Matt & I were contemplating what to do next.
  • I haven't even started working and I already feel appreciated. These are awesome people, and good friends. It will be hard work, but when you enjoy what you do & who you're working for it makes all the difference.

Though it doesn't provide every dime we're lacking to make it on our own--it gets us much closer, and it's a huge blessing in more than just financial ways. God is good.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hooray, Tamara! I'm so happy for you...God is good!

Wendy

Gena said...

Tamara, that is such good news! God is answering prayers for sure.