Friday, January 9, 2009

To Sell or Rent

January has arrived, and the hopes of Matt being promoted to a better paying position have pretty much gone down the toilet.

We're now looking at the possibility of either selling or renting the house. We still have a few months of emergency funds before we're tapped out, but I'd rather be prepared for the worse. We're also considering that we may have to move somewhere else for a better paying job. I'm purging closets and getting boxes to do some packing.

I'm debating though on which route to pursue--sell or rent. Any advice? We really like this house, and I'm not sure we want to give it up. I also fear that if we sell--it will be years before we are ever available to purchase another house. Renting though comes with all kinds of headaches--trying to find a decent renter, caring for the property even when you don't live there, etc.

I'm earnestly praying it doesn't come to that. I'd like to just stay here. We still have several other options and possibilities to consider before we do anything, but like I said, I want to be prepared even for the worst-case-scenario.

1 comment:

Grandma Lola said...

All the decisions of life! Hang in there.