Thursday, July 23, 2009

Boys and Girls

The difference between my two kids:
When Owen was 20 months, I would tell him to go get a diaper. He would scamper off, get a bit distracted if a train was anywhere nearby, get the diaper, scamper back, chuck it at my head, and then laugh mercilessly.

When I ask Eden to get a diaper, she says something very serious in her own language (please imagine this--she talks with her hands [where does she get that?], and it seems as if she's saying "Are you serious?! A diaper? I am way too big for a diaper. That is totally NOT cool, mom."), but then scampers off. She returns with a diaper, the wipes, and a changing pad--all the while singing a song--usually about being wet, wet wet. She then proceeds to give me instructions (in her sing-song voice) while I change her, "buh-et, wah-et, momma."

Owen at 20 months (December 2006)

Eden 20 months (July 2009)

No comments: