Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Getting Ready

It's about 5:30 a.m. The colonoscopy is at 7 a.m. I finished drinking the NASTY 4 liters of "rip your insides out" juice a little while ago. It was a bit like giving yourself food poisoning. On a positive note, if there is one, I did lose about 5 pounds. The side effect I hadn't expected was the intense cold. While everyone else last night was enjoying the warm autumn evening, I had on big socks and a sweater. Even with that I was shivering.
I didn't sleep much, but that had little to do with an anxious heart and more to do with a certain toddler. Matt left for work about an hour ago, and we took the time to pray together before he left.
I finished reading my book. I started writing out all the scripture the author mentions in the book. I memorize well by re-writing. It's helping. So have all the encouraging notes, messages, and drop-by friends. Thank you.
I've prepared the kiddos for today. They were very concerned with the amount of time Mommy was spending on the potty last night. I think they'll be a bit anxious, especially Eden, when they see Mommy heavily sedated.
Sedation is probably my last remaining fear. I've always had a fear of sedation--I'm sure because of watching too many medical documentaries. In all fairness though, the last time I was sedated I woke up puking and by being told that I was going in for a 2nd surgery in order to save my life from bleeding out. Good times.
What does one wear to a colonoscopy? I'm thinking comfy pants for sure. (This is about as deep as it gets this early in the morning.)

No comments: