Wednesday, October 22, 2008

End of Story

After a weekend of prayer and consideration over my job at
Wells Fargo we made the decision for me not to continue working
there. I resigned on Monday.

The leading we have been getting in seeking the Lord on this is that
I'm to be supporting Matt's success in business; growing his studio
with my talents and growing the parts of my business that I can
do now. As an answer to that prayer and following the leading of the
Lord, Matt got two amps and one keyboard in for repair as well as a
contract for building an amp cabinet.

We appreciate your prayer and encouragement as we follow the Lord's
leading in our lives.

(That's edited from an email Matt sent out to some of our family members yesterday.)

I feel like I've spent the last few days justifying this decision--to others, to myself, but it simply comes down to the fact that it wasn't what I was supposed to be doing. Right now, today, we know that I'm supposed to be home. I'm still open to working, and I'm actively seeking employment whenever I'm not taking care of my first priorities--Matt and the kids.

We also felt like THAT job was not right. From the day of the interview through my first day, it never felt right. I asked for 20 hours or less, they insisted on 20-25 (and mostly 25). I asked for 4 hours a day, they said 5 (and then had me stay late). I asked for a lunch break to be able to eat & pump, they gave me 15, and were irritated that I asked for a private room to pump. I kept telling myself (and so did everyone around me) that it was just temporary, and I could make it work. After four years working in a Christian environment it was a shock to my system to be surrounded by people who not only didn't behave in a Christian-like manner, it wasn't even professional, and extremely disrespectful towards me. By the end of the day I was sick to my stomach emotionally. After struggling with depression for nearly a year, I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THAT DARK PLACE. No money is worth that.

Thankfully, we have other options to sustain us financially. God is a great provider. I realize now that as soon as I accepted the job I had started worrying about money as I had before. Once I resigned I felt relieved and at peace again.

I truly feel that my "job" right now is to step aside, and let Matt take the role as SOLE financial provider for this family. I've realized in the last 6 months that I'm really good at supporting others & helping them succeed. I see God using me to make Matt a success in the role he's chosen for Matt. It took one day for me to realize that I'm HAPPY in that role as supporter. I don't need more than that. I have so much to say on this, but I'm going to cut it short. I have some work to do.

1 comment:

Grandma Lola said...

And that is the end of that. Please don't feel you have to justify the decisions the you and Matt make. Thought and PRAYER were what you based your decisons. You are not required to explain your decisions.

(My 2 cents)