Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 10: Early Bed Time

I was geared up for a pretty hard week, and thankfully it's not been so bad thus far.
Matt is in rehearsals for the musical "All Shook Up," and he's gone until close to midnight. On days that he works at Starbucks and teaches it means he's pretty much gone from 4 a.m. until midnight.

Praise the Lord that this week several students cancelled their lessons. Normally, that's not something I'd be excited about, but it meant Matt came home today for one hour & had dinner with us.

He's EXHAUSTED. When he came home this evening for dinner, he asked if he could just have 20 minutes to rest. I didn't mind, but Owen was desperate for Daddy-attention. So, Owen crawled into our bed with Matt & sat quietly with his truck while his daddy took a wee nap.
Cool kid-stuff today:
  • Owen can count to five using his fingers.

  • Eden not only is pulling herself up, but she attempted to climb up onto the couch tonight.

The picture explained: I'm going to bed after this post. I'm exhausted too. I don't sleep well without Matt, so I've been up working late on projects when he's at rehearsals. I'm hoping that if I go to bed early it will give me the energy to get up with the kids in the morning & let Matt sleep in (tomorrow is his day off).


1 comment:

Rose said...

That is so sweet that Owen sat quietly with Matt and played with his truck while M slept! What a sweet, caring boy.