Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 2/30: Paperwork

I debated on what to post today. How we spent our morning wasn't all that glamorous or fun, but thankfully not painful.

This is a stack of paperwork we had to prepare before going down to the county offices to apply for medicaid and WIC (and anything else the state was willing to give us.) I kid you not, it's 1 1/2 inches thick, and that's only about half of it. The other half we left with them.


We stayed up until 11:30 p.m. last night completing paperwork, and gathering all the documents they require. We headed down to the offices at about 9 a.m., only to discover that we still had yet MORE paperwork to complete. We finally saw a case worker at about 10 a.m., and she was really nice. Long story short--the process is started, but we still have more paperwork and more meetings to get everything complete.
It's literally going to come down to pennies on whether or not we qualify, and we may not know anything for over a month.
If you're reading this wondering why on earth we're applying for assistance, you must not have received my very long email to friends & family about our current situation. If you want to get caught up send me an e-mail & I'll fill you in.
Also--Can anyone see the slideshow in the upper right hand corner of the blog? My mom said it wasn't working, but it seems to be working fine on my end. Let me know.

2 comments:

Matt said...

slide show works great. Thanks for playing...!

Rose said...

I can see the slide show! Very cute!

Paperwork, scaperwork! No fun!