Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 3/30: A Day at the Pool

Today my friend Kendra invited us to join her & her kids at the city pool. Owen starts swim lessons next week, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce him to the pool.

Owen had a blast! He was timid at first, but seconds later he was splashing over to the "deep" end (about 2ft), and running under the mushroom fountain. He did not want to leave! I even took him into the "big" pool to try deeper water. He was very happy as long as I had an arm around him.

Eden wasn't too excited. I think she prefers her warm bath water to the cooler pool water. She did get quite excited when I took her in the big pool--kicking & waving her hands. Not sure if it was a happy dance, or a panicked "get me outta here" type dance.

Swimming with one arm around each kid is a talent I didn't know I had until today!

I almost forgot to take pictures, so at the last minute I had Owen run back into the pool (funny, he didn't complain), so I could get a few shots of him playing.

We're planning on making this a weekly adventure.







2 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

He just might be swimming by the end of summer!

Rose said...

Cute, cute pics!