Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 6, 7, 8/30: What Happened?!?!?!

Saturday and Sunday are somewhat of a blur. I had pictures and a plan on Saturday, but at some point it all disappeared.
For those of you who have ever dealt with any form of depression, you can probably understand this. For everyone else, let me illuminate.

Some days, at random times, and usually for no reason specific at all it feels like you're being sucked unwillingly into a black hole. Your energy is immediately depleted, and it's all you can do to crawl into bed and pray. Your head is overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions that just seem to spin out of control, and you're desperate for rescue before you drown in this abyss. That's basically what happened Saturday morning shortly after putting Eden down for a nap. Owen quietly played in my bedroom as I laid there curled up & not moving.
Just as quickly as it happened, it left, praise God. I only remember praying. I jumped up, showered, and cleaned house just like normal.

When Matt came home I told him what happened, and it really bothered him (a totally normal response). He asked me why I didn't call him. I told him depressed people don't call you, you call them.

So, this weekend went by without a blog posting. (Sorry, momma.) I'll catch you up on the other happenings, and we'll move forward undeterred in our 30 day post quest. (It's my blog I can do that if I want to.)

On Saturday the kids and I created a fort/obstacle course in the living room. It was a bunch of fun, and Owen & Eden had a blast playing together inside.

Recap of last week: Eden now pulls herself up to stand (which she does all the time, even in her crib--YIKES), she not only likes berries, but now is snacking on Cheerios and anything we give her from the table, Owen loves to feed her (which, wasn't so great when I found him feeding her berries in the kitchen--the floor and the girl were a mess of pink berry goo), we caught Owen laying on his slide staring up at the clouds, pointing & talking (we're not sure what that was all about), Owen sings his ABC's, and he now when asked how old he is he holds up three fingers and clearly says THREE! Whew! What a week!

I don't have pictures from Sunday, but I do have video! This is Owen doing his respiratory therapy. He recently learned that he can make really funny noises while it's running, and it's hilarious listening to him.



Matt got a raise today! Hooray! Still praying for a promotion, but with the recent Starbucks store closings it could be awhile before that happens.
Today's picture: My hardworking hubby, picking berries:

2 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

Who would have thought that the vest would be sooooo much fun for him!

Rose said...

Cute video! Way to go matt on the raise!